A dynamic mock object framework for the .Net platform. It's purpose is to ease testing by allowing the developer to create mock implementations of custom objects and verify the interactions using unit testing.
Rhino.Mocks is an attempt to create easier way to build and use mock objects and allow better refactoring support from the current tools. It's a hybrid approach between the pure Record/Replay of EasyMock.Net's model and NMock's expectation based model. Rhino.Mocks originated from EasyMock.Net and attempt to improve on their model to create easy to use and power mocking framework. It's free for use and modification for open source and commercial software.
Licensing: Rhino Mocks is Free Software which is released under the BSD license.
- Generic Methods (at last!)
- Support arrays of value types as out parameters
- Support non-CLS Compliant value types such as UInt64
- Better error messages when using generic delegate methods on generic types
- Generally faster
- Using Dynamic Proxy 2 - better performance, better code-base, full support for wierd generic scenarios.
- Text.* constraints can now be used to evaluate non strings as well, by calling the ToString() method. Useful for things such as the Criteria API in NHibernate.