Argotic is a collection of Microsoft.NET class libraries that implement common web content syndication specifications such as RSS 2.0 and ATOM 1.0. With the Argotic components, consuming syndication feeds or generating your own custom feeds has never been easier. Argotic has been designed to provide developers with a flexible provider model for storing and retrieving syndication feed information to and from the back-end database of their choice. Argotic also provides an extensible framework that allows developers to easily handle the large number of extensions in use by today's syndication specifications.
- Complete implementation of the RSS 2.0 specification.
- Complete implementation of the ATOM 1.0 specification.
- Implements a provider model for storing/retrieving syndication information to your back-end database of choice.
- Provides an extensible framework for processing any syndication specification extension.
- Natively handles the RCF822 and W3C DateTime structures.
- Support for auto-discovery of syndication feeds for a given web site.
- Supports consumption of secure/authenticated syndication feeds.
- Implementations of the most common syndication specification extensions.